Warhawks You Should Know: Steven Small

Steven+Small+is+new+to+Scott+County+Schools+this+year+and+shares+his+passion+for+reading+with+his+English+students.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Warhawks You Should Know: Steven Small

Steven Small is new to Scott County Schools this year and shares his passion for reading with his English students.

Sarah Ross

Sarah Ross

Sarah Ross

Sarah Ross, Staff Reporter

This will be a regular feature where we introduce members of Warhawk Nation to our community.  Check back often to learn more about the people that walk the halls of Great Crossing High School.  If you are interested in being featured or have a suggestion for someone that we should know, please leave a suggestion in the comments.  

Name:  Steven Small, English teacher

Age: 36

Family: wife Heather, children Mercy, Eden, Israel, Honor and Asher

Favorite Class Period: my dual credit class; I like to teach writing.

Favorite Other Warhawk Teacher: Ms. Johnson because she’s supportive.

After School Activities:  I teach at BCTC part-time, and I like to read and play with my children.

Best Moment of the School Year:  Spirit Week.  I loved seeing everyone’s spirit.

Career Goals:  to get a doctorate in English

Favorite Restaurant: Saul Good

Favorite Artist/Musical Group: Foo Fighters

Quote to Live By:  “All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.”  –Tolkien

Other Interesting Info: I love to travel.  I have been to Nicaragua, Columbia, France, England, Greece, Italy, Germany, Czech Republic and Israel.