The Kettle Helps Build School Spirit

The+Kettle+was+quick+to+embrace+the+volleyball+team+in+year+one%2C+and+they+came+out+in+large+numbers+to+cheer+the+volleyball+team+on+in+the+regional+tournament.++

Taron Palmer

The Kettle was quick to embrace the volleyball team in year one, and they came out in large numbers to cheer the volleyball team on in the regional tournament.

Everyone at Great Crossing High School knows how unique the student section is. The Kettle is known for its crazy hype and big turnouts. The Kettle Built great school spirit in the first year but was halted due to the pandemic. This year it is back in full swing and better than ever!

From volleyball to football, the students always show up to support their teams.  No matter the theme or weather, athletes can always count on the kettle to be in their corner.

Athletes benefit from the energy from The Kettle. Amelia Bowers, a sophomore volleyball player explained, “All the energy really gets the athletes going and boosts adrenaline and confidence.” 

It brings so many different people together and serves as a new thing to bond over. You create so many new relationships in the crowd and everyone has one thing in common…we all want to win!

— Corrine Riebel, junior

Many students agree that The Kettle is the place to be at any school event.  Chase Coulter, a junior at Great Crossing said “It is always extremely loud, awesome and fun.” Coulter has attended more events than he can count. “From cheering from the stands to raiding the court after a big win, we always bring energy and come together to have a good time,” Coulter explained.

Students are also building stronger relationships by attending games and being part of the student section.  Bowers’ favorite part is getting to go with her friends and meet new people who are there as well. She understands the importance of having a great crowd at her games and is more than willing to help out the other sports! 

One draw of The Kettle for several students is the theme days that have been selected.  Junior Corrine Riebel added, “There are also a lot of really fun themes we do. From white out, to camo, to neon, our student section brings it all.” 

Riebel stated that The Kettle has been a huge part of her high school social life.  She said, “It brings so many different people together and serves as a new thing to bond over. You create so many new relationships in the crowd and everyone has one thing in common…we all want to win!”